This is the first time I've done a game asset and it proved to be a good challenge. The tris limit was 3k and for me that didn't mean too much at the beginning... I started with the hi-res sculpt in ZBrush (with a base model I did in Maya) and when it came to making the game model from the sculpt, I spent quite a bit of time down-resing the base model to under 3k tris, since I hadn't realized how low this limit was! Baked the normal map in 3ds Max (also tested XNormal) and painted the other textures in Photoshop.
Definitely learned a lot along the way with this test and gained a new respect on the art and science of game modeling.